[TriLUG] RH /etc/xinetd.d/pop3s

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Apr 17 11:36:42 EDT 2003

do a man on xinetd.conf.  It has all these values explained:

   PID         logs the server process id (if the service
               is  implemented  by xinetd without forking
               another process the logged process id will
               be 0)

   HOST        logs the remote host address

   USERID      logs  the user id of the remote user using
               the  RFC  1413  identification   protocol.
               This  option  is available only for multi-
               threaded stream services.

   EXIT        logs the fact that a server  exited  along
               with  the  exit  status or the termination
               signal (the process id is also  logged  if
               the PID option is used)

   DURATION    logs the duration of a service session

Jon