[TriLUG] IDE Drive/Channel Config

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Thu Apr 17 13:17:57 EDT 2003

As it's been noted, you can only access one IDE device at a time, but for
overall performance mixing CD or other optical devices, and HDD's will slow
the general performance of the chain down. It slows to the fastest the
slowest device can go, unlike SCSI where each device is independant, save
the device name/id.