[TriLUG] RH and Miro bt848 analog video capture ??

Turnpike Man turnpike420 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 17 19:59:01 EDT 2003

Gang, I have a the above mentioned PCI card, full name is:

Miro Bt848AKPF Video Decoder

I have heard the chipset is just bt848 and that linux drivers do exist.  I have
wanted for the last couple years to have video capture working in Linux, even
if analog.  This card came with the Panasonic Eggcam (eggcam 3 maybe).  I want
to be able to capture analog video in Linux, and possibly figure out how to use
the RealProducer in Linux to hook up this old webcam to point it at my model
railroad project so people can login and watch trains run on it, OR, so I can
record a work session for posterity sake!

Vid capture program recomendations?

thanks,
David M.