[TriLUG] SAMBA question

Ryan Leathers ryan.leathers at globalknowledge.com
Fri Apr 18 09:27:39 EDT 2003

Roy,

Just in case you have overlooked the obvious here...
Be sure to log in on the Win98 machine.

Remember that with Win98 you can click cancel instead of entering a
password after booting.  If you do so you will still get DHCP or static
addressing to allow you to ping, surf etc, but you will not have started
Windows networking services.  The "unable to browse the network" message
is often a tip-off to this simple problem.