[TriLUG] OT: AIX question

Heath Holcomb bluetea at nc.rr.com
Fri Apr 18 20:12:38 EDT 2003

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 05:30:12PM -0400, Greg Brown wrote:
> Does anyone work with AIX 5?  Is chkconfig supported under AIX?
> Results of a Google search were somewhat unclear.
>
> Greg

Hi Greg,

I don't claim to be an expert, but I don't think AIX comes with a chkconfig
script. At least there's no chkconfig on any of the AIX boxes 4.3 or 5.1 boxes
I use. AIX has its own system for managing services and runlevels and it is
quite different from Linux. Your best bet is probably to use smit or smitty.
Despite their unfortunate names, these tools are extremely useful for
this type of thing.

There may be a chkconfig workalike out there somewhere though.

Regards,

Heath

--
Heath Holcomb