[TriLUG] OT: AIX question

Greg Brown gregbrown at mindspring.com
Fri Apr 18 22:47:12 EDT 2003

I've used AIX before - back in 1996 and I used SMIT and SMITTY back
then and I LOVE BOTH.  They are great.  I especially like how you can
click on that button to display the command which corresponds to the
mouse clicks when using the SMIT GUI.  SMIT is a great learning tool.

I was just hoping that chkconfig was in there somewhere because it's so
much easier to use chkconfig than to tear through the files in the rc
directories (but that's a personal preference).  Anyway, since
chkconfig was on my Mac running OS X (and therefore I think BSD) I
thought it might have migrated to BSD at some point - but I guess that
was wishful thinking.  :)

Thanks, once again, to everyone that responded!  This list rocks!

In a rare REALLY REALLY good mood,

Greg