[TriLUG] Tabe Backup Software

David A. Cafaro dac at cafaro.net
Mon Apr 21 13:55:11 EDT 2003

I wanted to know what people would recommend for a big time Tape Storage
Library system?  Basically my group is inheriting a StorageTek 9714 tape
Library that has 5 DLT7000 drives and 48 slots.  We would want to use a
Linux server to provide the SCSI connection and network connection to
the clients which would be a mix of Windows, Linux, SunOS and Macs.  Any
good recommendations from the OpenSource or ClosedSource worlds?
Cheaper is better, but if it means a lot less headaches we will shell
out the cash.  Thanks for any ideas!

-David