[TriLUG] IBM wireless laptop

Alex abalex at neopages.com
Mon Apr 21 14:41:30 EDT 2003

I have an IBM R31 (2656-UN7), but have not yet had a chance to put linux on it.
This particular (built-in) wireless card seems to be Prism / Prism2 (made
by Actiontec).
I don't know if the one you're looking at would be the same.

Some sites that I've come across in preparation for getting linux going on
this thing:

wireless drivers (in my case, id go for the Orinoco/Prism2)
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/Linux.Wireless.drivers.html

decent R31 linux page (oddly makes no mention of wireless at all)
http://kruemel.rnbhq.org/r31.html

Good luck
-Alex