[TriLUG] RE: Tape backup software

Meyer, David R David.Meyer07 at ca.com
Tue Apr 22 12:11:22 EDT 2003

I currently work for Computer Associates, but have have four years in
the Storage Industry as a reseller SE with two different companies.  I
am certified on Veritas NetBackup, BakBone's NetVault, Legato's
NetWorker, and I am very familiar with CommVault's Galaxy.

Having said all that, please consider the ARCserve for Linux product
from Computer Associates.  Not only has CA made a significant investment
in support Linux through partnerships with SuSE / United Linux and Red
Hat, the development is constantly ongoing.  What is really nice about
it is that with the newest version about to be released you are able to
open up a java gui from any web browser and control your backups that
way.  It's a really sharp program, and would certainly do what you are
looking for...and more.

Dave

Message: 1