[TriLUG] Server: Debian or Mandrake?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Apr 22 13:22:45 EDT 2003

Well I don't really see any reason to make the jump from Red Hat... but
if I were to jump to a different distro, I would undoubtedly choose
Mandrake.  For one, the differences in file placement and in management
are minimal.  Also, Mandrake has all the functionality of RPM management
for your applications and packages.

Also, you can walk the edge with 'drake and get all those cool new
features (like LVM for setting up your disk management :-).

Mandrake also has specialized Enterprise and Firewall versions that are
maintained by other folks (but with Mandrake's nod).

Either way you go, I'm sure you will be happy.  The best features pop up
in each distro eventually... they just tend to mature in Mandrake
faster!

Jon