[TriLUG] Kickstart question

Elliot Peele ebpeele2 at pams.ncsu.edu
Tue Apr 22 14:22:47 EDT 2003

The only place that you can set variables and such in the kickstart file
is in the %pre and %post since they are basicaly shell scripts. We have
developed a solution that works for NC State that dynamicaly generates
kickstarts using mod_python and apache. You could implement something
similar in perl or even php.

Basicaly what it does is you have a simple config file that only has a
few lines in it on the server side. You take the header that you get
from anaconda look at the ip and find the file to use when generating
the kickstart. Everything that is going to be different is in the config
file and everything else is generated by the script.

Elliot