[TriLUG] what the.......?

Greg Brown gregbrown at mindspring.com
Thu Apr 24 19:46:37 EDT 2003

Today I got a weird e-mail from one of my scripts.  The script in
question is the zsh one that looks for executable files which have
either been created or touched in the last day.  Today my e-mail said:

Thu Apr 24 12:01:01 EDT 2003
  the following files have changed
/tmp/orbit-gwbrown1/oaf-register.lock

I looked in my tmp directory and there were /tmp/orbit-<username>/
directories for EVERY user defined on this box - including root.  This
box is internal to my home network and not directly attached to the
Internet.

Any idea of why these things are there?  I'm still investigating and
haven't found many clues.

Greg