[TriLUG] RR Woes

Mark Shuford davemarcus at pobox.com
Thu Apr 24 21:53:58 EDT 2003

I started broad-band with EarthLink. The problems I had with EarthLink mostly ended up being TWC problems since they run over TW infrastructure here. I decided to cut out the middle-man since TW has folks working round-the-clock on stuff system-wide as opposed to EarthLink where you just got a recording after office hours. Same problems but less work getting them fixed and you are nearer getting a straight answer.

But EL DNS did seem to be more stable than TW... but TW has definitely improved over the the last 8 months...

Plus the fact that EarthLink was pulling a BOGUS promotional offering that they wouldn't honour when I'd signed up with them... I told them they'd not get another dime of my money and called TW as soon as I hung up with EL to switch.

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 08:48:00 -0400 (EDT)
Andrew Perrin <clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu> wrote:

> I'm having exactly the same problem with earthlink cable, for the same
> period of time. It's getting very aggravating, but I have no advice -
> sorry!
>
> ap

Mark Shuford

Now I know what a statesman is; he's a dead politician. We need more statesmen.
					--Bob Edwards