[TriLUG] RR Woes

Chris Merrill cmerrill at nc.rr.com
Thu Apr 24 22:22:46 EDT 2003

Mark Shuford wrote:
>>This is a general problem with any computerized operation; "normal" things
>>become very easy (checking balances, etc.), but anything out of the
>>ordinary becomes more of a hassle.

FWIW, I've had an overall good experience with TWC.  I run a server
at home and it has experienced _very_ little downtime over the
past 24 months due to TWC.  I've had a few billing mishaps - but they
were all PPV-related and were resolved to my satisfaction.  I've had
there tech people out a few times for various problems (old cable
needed replacing, neighbor cut line, etc) and while the service techs
are not computer gurus, they have been friendly, on-time and most
importantly they fixed the problems.  Over the past 6-10 months, they
seem to have resolved thier DNS problems and the email servers are
getting more reliable (slowly).

TWC was the first to offer high-speed internet access in my area at
a reasonable price.  And now they're the first to get me a DVR at a
darned cheap price.  I like companies that deliver new technologies
at low prices :)

Chris Merrill
cmerrill at nc.rr.com