[TriLUG] OT TWC DVR

Mike Broome mbroome at employees.org
Fri Apr 25 12:07:18 EDT 2003

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 11:35:49AM -0400, Chris Merrill wrote:
> Joseph Tate wrote:
> > Does it record the HD channels?
>
> Good question.  Since it doesn't have HD outputs, I can only
> assume that if it did, it would be a LD recording, anyway.
> I'll try it this weekend.

There was a thread yesterday on a mailing list at work about the TWC
DVR, including whether it would support HD.  Here's what one of my
co-workers posted.  (Note that I don't have any personal experience with
the TWC DVR.  I'm quite happy with my TiVo.)

  TWC DVR box does not support HD. I just got one today and I am keeping
  both boxes working on different inputs on the same TV. So that means it
  will cost you $12 a month instead of $6 if you want to keep the HD box.
  The tricky part is that both boxes have the remote controls working on
  the same frequency. So they will both respond to the same remote.

Mike

--
Mike Broome
mbroome(at)employees.org