[TriLUG] Re: sendmail restarting after being stopped

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Fri Apr 25 15:29:01 EDT 2003

 >i occasionally have to shut sendmail down for an interval while
 >frobbing some mail files.  unfortunately, there seems to be something
 >that silently restarts it unpredictably.  it's a real pita.  i
 >haven't figured out what's doing it (rh 7.2), but i've had to resort
 >to renaming the sendmail binary to keep it from possibly coming back

How are you actually shutting down sendmail? On SuSE 7.1, I have to issue
the "/etc/rc.d/sendmail stop" command about five or six times before it
actually kills all the processes.

--
Morbus Iff ( i'm the droid you're looking for )
Buy My Book! http://amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596004605/disobeycom