[TriLUG] Linksys WPS11 wireless Question

Greg Brown gregbrown at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 28 18:48:44 EDT 2003

Well, no I never did solve this problem.

What I did do, and what has worked thus far, was to connect my HP
laserjet to my RH 8.0 box.  I configured the printer sharing with CUPS
and hoped for the best.  The result is I could print to the printer
from other Linux hosts but not OS X.  So I more-or-less gave up and
loaded up the Appletalk protocol on my Linux box (which I really hated
doing - I've had it in for appletalk and it's broadcasty nature since
the early 90's).  Anyway, once Appletalk was loaded on the RH box my
Macs saw it right away and everything works great.

Hope this helps.

Greg