[TriLUG] Perl include path problem

Brent Verner brent at rcfile.org
Mon Apr 28 21:01:33 EDT 2003

[2003-04-28 16:21] Jeremy Portzer said:
| On Mon, 2003-04-28 at 15:38, Brent Verner wrote:

| > I suspect the migrate.pl script is mucking with @INC in a BEGIN
| > block.
|
| YEP!  That's it.. thanks so much.  Indeed the @INC was being overridden
| in the script (for no good reason IMO).  It was well below line 9, but
| in a BEGIN block.  Now, a sane coder would have actually put the BEGIN
| block at the beginning, right?  Ugh.

Yeah, I'd browbeat the author if I was in your shoes, and had
access to him :-P

FWIW, a /sane/ method of enhancing @INC within a script is

  use lib qw( /path/to/local/stuff );

See `perldoc lib` for more info... just in case you _need_ to modify
@INC in the future.

cheers.

to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."  -- Duane Allman