[TriLUG] Netscape refusing mail

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Tue Apr 29 11:27:46 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-30 at 11:23, William Gomeringer wrote:
> I am getting this error when I try to send mail from server to a
> netscape address:
>
> Reporting-MTA: dns; pihlopase.mine.nu
> Action: failed
> Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; connect to
> mailin-01.mx.netscape.net[205.188.158.25]: server refused mail service
>
> I am not having a problem sending mail to anyone else. This just started
> last week. I have not many any changes to my postfix setup. Has Netscape
> begun blocking mail from mine.nu?

It's very possible that netscape.net is following the same procedures as
AOL.com (they are the same company, after all), and they're blocking any
mail from dynamic IP addresses.  Please see the extensive discussion
about this in the archives of this list
(http://www.trilug.org/pipermail/trilug/)

--Jeremy

--