[TriLUG] Re: Meeting - May 8th: Elections

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Tue Apr 29 21:13:10 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-29 at 20:49, Mike Broome wrote:

> [ Sorry for the delay in replying.  I wanted to check the Articles of
>   Incorporation -- see http://www.trilug.org/articles.php -- because I
>   remembered something about a minimum lead time for nominations.  Found
>   it at the end of the eighth article: 10 days.  So by my counting, the
>   nominations on April 28th made it under the wire. ]

[URL corrected]

We've always taken it to mean that the 10-day limitation applied only to
the special elections (and proposals to remove SC members), but not the
regular meetings.  The wording is unclear.  The past precedent has been
to accept nominations up through the day of the meeting, for the May
general election.

--Jeremy