[TriLUG] OT: legacy 16bit DOS programs on Win2k

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Thu May 1 05:03:25 EDT 2003

On Wednesday 30 April 2003 06:4418pm, ryan.wheaton at attbi.com wrote:
> Sup y'all.
>
> I know that this is off topic, but i'm googled out and i figured
> maybe someone here has run into this as well.
>
> we have an old 16bit DOS app that management has decided to bring
> back and employ company wide (tomorrow), and I'm trying to figure out
> a way to best do this.

Management want this.... mmm ... Call Microsoft. Pay the fee. Get the
usual "no, it cannot be done" after two reinstalls, three complete
formats and one major OS upgrade. Then, report back to management, show
them a fat bill from Microsoft and tel them "our software vendor and
our OS vendor both confirm this: it doesn't work as its too old an
application".

Oh, and I'd appreciate if you haven't asked this question here in the
first place. Use the free Microsoft Newsgroups, for example. It's not
that difficult.

Unless you want to start a flamewar and a name-calling contest, of
course. Then, naming "Microsoft" in a Linux mailing list that covers
RedHat's home turf is the way to go.

Salut,
Sinner
--
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/     Linux User # 89976
Testing Mandrake 9.1 -    Linux Machine # 38068