[TriLUG] SSH via CygWin

Jason White jason at jw2.org
Fri May 2 11:10:39 EDT 2003

* Jaimie Livingston (Jaimie.Livingston at HAHT.com) [030430 12:53]:

> What controls this? Is it a firewall rule, a kernel setting, or a
> client setting?  If it's even possible, what's the best method to
> change this behaviour at the user level?

In many cases, if you just enable "KeepAlive" in your SSH client, the
connection will stay connected.  It basically sends a ping at a
specified interval so the remote end won't drop your connection.
Works great for many of my connections.  Without it, I was dropping
some connections after being idle for > 3mins.

Jason