[TriLUG] Red Hat 9 and Samsung Monitor

Mike myname17 at bellsouth.net
Fri May 2 15:22:06 EDT 2003

Sigh.  Actually I'm trying to increase my vertical refresh rate from 85 Hz to
100 Hz.  I edited /etc/X11/XF86Config and changed VertRefresh  50.0 - 160.0
to VertRefresh  100.0.  When I rebooted the sytem complained and I managed to
reset the monitor back to what it was.

I've researched this before and it appears that the problem is not in the
monitor section.  What I need is a way to make the xserver try to drive the
monitor at 100Hz, perhaps with an option in
Section "Screen"
	SubSection "Display"

Thanks,
Mike

# XFree86 4 configuration created by redhat-config-xfree86

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "Default Layout"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
        InputDevice    "DevInputMice" "AlwaysCore"
EndSection

# Portion removed to save space...

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor0"