[TriLUG] Python-Mailman question

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Fri May 2 15:42:10 EDT 2003

On Friday 02 May 2003 02:47 pm, Jon Carnes wrote:

> > How do I know which one is in use by Mailman?

>   su mailman
>   python
>     to get out type a ctl-D

> Also look in the crontab for mailman:
>   crontab -e

It points to /usr/bin/python , that is, python-1.5.2-43.73.

> The full path to python should be written with each command.

So, should I just change he ccrontab to point to python2, and restart apache ?

> > So maybe Mailman-2.1.x will run somewhat faster?

> Due to the different method it uses for handling queues, version 2.1 is
> faster on a busy server

As users rise their concerns about mailman speed, I say it's a busy server.
I'll work on an upgrade  road-map.

> Jon Carnes

Thanks again.

Salut,
Sinner
--
Stallman Reads my Tutorials! soon on http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/
Running on Mandrake Linux 9.0 - Kernel  2.4.19smp  Linux User # 89976