[TriLUG] OT: who made that linux based car alarm?

gregbrown at mindspring.com gregbrown at mindspring.com
Sat May 3 13:56:57 EDT 2003

A good while back I remember someone on the list posting a project on the web where they had created a Linux based car alarm based on C.

I searched the archives and could not anything related to this.  If anyone has the URL can you forward it to me?

The reason I ask is I am putting together a project which I'm dubbing "CarCom".  I'll be documenting this project on-line but the short story is I'd like to take an embedded linux board, attach it to a Samsung A500 phone via USB to Sprint PCS (w/unlimited Internet), also attach a USB camera via USB, and a Garmin GPS III+ (via serial) and add in some other doo-dads like a Linksys 802.11 bridge.

This is all way beyond my current skill set but I've got my trusty C book and my embedded linux book and plenty of time.  I don't currently have a PCS phone and I still have at least six months on my current contract.

Anyway, if anyone knows who that person was that created the car alarm and where that project was documented on the web I'd sure like to read it again.

Thanks!

Greg