[TriLUG] Nominees for TriLUG Steering Committee -- Elections tomorrow

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Wed May 7 15:14:18 EDT 2003

Thank you Jeremy, I'm honored to be nominated!  Here's a little bio:

I started using linux a little over three years ago, and made the "100%
windows free" switch two years ago and have never looked back.  My first
distros were RedHat 6.1 (when fit on one CD instead of three!) and Mandrake
7.1 which i bought from cheapbytes.com for $5.  Since then I've tried dozens
of different distros and releases, built hundreds of systems, cursed a blue
streak when I couldn't get things to work and wept with joy when they did (I
actually cried the first time i successfully rebuilt a kernel with support
for a new IDE controller card that I had just purchased).

Throughout that time the one thing that sticks out in my mind is what a
crucial role community plays in the OSS world, with TriLUG being no
exception.  Without TriLUG's help, by which I mean the help of its members, I
would almost certainly not be a linux user today.  It is my privilege to pay
that support forward by helping TriLUG continue to be a resource for Linux
users in the Triangle and elsewhere.

Thanks, see you all at the Thursday meeting (or in the BZFlag field :-)

Jason Tower