[TriLUG] Command line mp3 ripper

Nathan Conrad conrad at bungled.net
Wed May 7 22:13:02 EDT 2003

I usually use a program named jack. Its web site is located at
<http://www.home.unix-ag.org/arne/jack/>.

You might want to look into using OGGs instead of MP3. OGGs have a
much more open format (they are not encumbered by patents or licensing
fees) and they usually sound a bit better than MP3 files (at the same
bitrate). Jack supports both MP3 and OGG.

-N