[TriLUG] [OT] a Authenticated Sendmail HowTo for Red Hat 8

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Fri May 9 13:18:08 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-05-09 at 13:03, Jon Carnes wrote:
> [OT] == "On topic"
>
> I ran across this thorough howto on setting up authenticated SMTP on
> RH8.  It is most notable for its reference links at the end of the
> article:
>
> http://www.opensourcedigest.org/issue2/sendmail-auth-howto.html

Great "OT" article, Jon.

It doesn't seem to mention anything about the problems with Mozilla and
authenticated SMTP.  Have you run across that at all?  Anyone else?

As far as I know, we still haven't gotten mozilla mail to connect
properly to authenticated SMTP through TLS on the TriLUG mail server,
and there are no error messages anywhere.  It just hangs.  Very
frustrating, and it seems to affect all versions of Mozilla.

--Jeremy

--
| Jeremy Portzer       jeremyp at pobox.com       trilug.org/~jeremy     |