[TriLUG] stuck on samba install

Jim priest at thecrumb.com
Fri May 9 23:51:42 EDT 2003

Been a long time since I've been on the list but I'm in the process of
hosing my RH8 setup and need some help before I end up reinstalling.
;)

I'm trying to install Samba and during the initial attempt at install
I get an error about a failed dependency relating to GLIBC 2.3 but if
I try to install that I get all sorts of errors about it conflicting
with 2.2. I forced the Samba install but it still balks about missing
libc.so.6 (GLIBC 2.3)

Nothing much on this machine - no X/Gnome/KDE, just running my website
and thats it.  I'm guessing somehow I've run Up2Date and got things
out of sync and can't install the older version of Samba?

thanks,
jim