[TriLUG] vncserver across reboot won't let client connect

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Sun May 11 07:55:08 EDT 2003

In the boot up log, I can see where the vncserver daemon is loading.  If you go to services in gnome, vncserver has a check.  However, status reports Xvnx is stopped following a reboot.  Clicking start from the gnome service configuration does not start the service.

Now, if I bust open a terminal and do the ./vncserver thang from /usr/bin, no prob.  However, I have to take manual steps.

Question:

Is there any way to run vncserver automagically so you get the log on screen and have the ability to remotely admin a Linux box with VNC?