[TriLUG] linux and winders integration - request for speakerfor tntug

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Sun May 11 14:24:03 EDT 2003

On Sunday 11 May 2003 10:5710am, Jim Ray wrote:
> You'll have to educate me on Knoppix.

See what Konppix (actualy, Augustux, a Knoppix version) did to a
politician in Spain. Some "jewels" of the article
http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,58764,00.html:

Belloch, currently a Zaragoza councilman and previously Spain's minister
of justice, insists he's not a particularly technically inclined
person.

"I'm doing this only because I fell in love with Linux."

Belloch began his romance with Linux four months ago, after meeting with
a local Linux users group. Members were invited to a meeting to discuss
open-source software and the possibility of providing free wireless
access to Zaragoza residents.

"These guys were just amazing," Belloch said. "They were very different
from other kinds of activists I've worked with. They were not
demanding, shouting or even asking. Instead they were actually doing
things.

(...)

That night Belloch got a copy of Linux, the "Augustux" distribution
coded by a local geek called Charro. (Zaragoza was founded by the
Romans and originally called Caesar Augusta, hence the name Augustux --
an homage to history and Tux, the Linux mascot.)

Salut,
Sinner
--
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/     Linux User # 89976
Testing Mandrake 9.1 -    Linux Machine # 38068