[TriLUG] Serial connection with Linux

Brian Daniels bitmage at bellsouth.net
Mon May 19 14:10:47 EDT 2003

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 01:51:54PM -0400, Chris Bullock wrote:
> Working with some Cisco equipment and going to need to make some console
> connections.  However, we only have Linux boxes in our server room
> <yaaaa>.  What feature gives me a console connection equivalent to
> Windoze hyperterminal and how do I use it.
> --cgb

I use minicom.  It's included with recent RedHat releases.  Run it as root
with 'minicom -s' to set initial configuration and port.

--Brian

--
Question with boldness even the existence of a god;
because if there be one he must approve of the

--Thomas Jefferson, Aug. 10, 1787

Brian Daniels                  bitmage at bellsouth.net
      http://www.eviloverlord.net