[TriLUG] [Fwd: LUG: email, im and vpn in large companies]

bp bpevans at bellsouth.net
Thu May 22 14:54:26 EDT 2003

That was about a year & half ago.  Memory is a bit fuzzy about it.
Don't remember the VPN client name.  But Cisco was using a one-time
password generator that ran only on Windows for use in a Windows-Only
VPN client or SSH session.  Us linux users could instead ssh to the edge
ssh server and setup an RSA key pair and carry around our private key.
Worked well, not as seamless as a VPN connection but it worked well for
me.  So it was classic SSH with port forwarding, rough but worked well
enough.