[TriLUG] Need Help

S.W. Bobcat swbobcat at hotmail.com
Thu May 22 18:38:51 EDT 2003

To Whom It May Concern:

I have a brother in Asheville, N.C. ... REALLY GREEN  -- has troubles even
with Windows (he has REAL BASIC knowledge -- "this is a computer; this is an
icon, this is a mouse..."). Normally I could help him, but I live in Tucson,
Arizona. He wants and needs a computer so I rebuilt a hand-me-down Compaq
Presario which has been maxed out with 80 MB RAM, and Std. 200 MHz
processor, into a duel boot, Windows '98 / Linux machine (Mandrake 8.2).  As
long as he is soooo green, I might as well have him learn Linux as well as
Windows, as they are not that much differnt, at least at the general level,
at a more advanced level Linux offers way more options. I am hoping that
someone is this LUG can direct either to another LUG in the Asheville area,
or who is already in the Asheville area who might be willing to help my
brother and take him under their wing and help him learn at least the basic
ropes of both Windows ( :-(   -- a necessary evil)  and LINUX  (  :-) ).  I
could normally do this myself, but living in Tucson, AZ makes gives "remote"
help new meaning in this situation.

Thank you for your help. I look forward to hearing from you soon. I remain,

Sincerely yours,

R.H. Ruskin, Ph.D.

"Since each of us is blessed with only one life, why not live it
with a cat?" -- Robert Stearns