[TriLUG] RANT: HTML Email Su*ks

Tom Boucher trekkie at spamcop.net
Sun May 25 09:58:24 EDT 2003

On Sunday, May 25, 2003, at 12:15 AM, Gregory Woodbury wrote:

> I *hate* HTML emails that arrive in my text-based email reader!
>
> I usually read email via elm on a ssh session from a non-x terminal.
> htmlview does *not* do a good job rendering HTML (despite several
> attempts to find a good intermediary for it to use.)
>
> I'd like to think that Linux users/fans would have a clue and not send
> HTML emails to a mailing list.
>
> </rant>

How bout I take the rant up a notch and rant about people that won't
join the 90s let alone the 2000s with a mail reader that knows what to
do with HTML ?

I mean we all don't still use green screen VT100 terminals do we?  At
least I hope not all of us do.   It's different to see something with
formatting, fonts, and the like instead of plain old text.

Not that I use HTML anyway or waste my time formatting my emails.  But
it seems so pedantic to complain about something that has been
available for years now.