[TriLUG] Debian operaton.

Tanner Lovelace lovelace at wayfarer.org
Sun May 25 23:34:56 EDT 2003

On Sat, 24 May 2003, Mike wrote:

> Does anyone know how to get rid of the picture of TUX with a beer while Debian
> boots?  I'd prefer more room for the text, but would settle for some other
> picture like the one that comes with Knoppix.

Don't boot in framebuffer mode.  Look at your boot line in
either /etc/lilo.conf or /boot/grub/menu.lst   If you see something
there that says "vga=nnn" remove it.  You'll now boot up in text
only mode and the pictures will be gone.

Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace | lovelace at wayfarer.org | http://wtl.wayfarer.org/

   Those who are willing to sacrifice essential liberties for a little
   order, will lose both and deserve neither. - Benjamin Franklin