[TriLUG] rh-9.0 docs cd

Brent Fox bfox at linuxheadquarters.com
Mon May 26 18:41:41 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-05-26 at 18:16, Jim Ray wrote:
> Pardon my ignorance.  I'm doing a fresh install of rh-9.0 onto new hw where I can do the everything flavor instead of the pick and choose to get under the limitation of my previous 6 gb hd.
>
> Here's the question.
>
> Whadaya do with the docs cd?  I used cds 1-3 and wanna install all
> docs so I can reference the man pages or whatever exists to educate my
> little ole pea brain.
>
> Is there a way to install all docs?  Remember, I'm coming from a
> winders world and don't know too much about this /mnt/cdrom
> stuff...yet.

Sure.  When the install is finished, the installer will eject the cd.
Take the cd out and reboot.  Once the system boots up, a program called
firstboot will run and walk you through some more steps to set up your
system.  One of the screens in firstboot asks you if you have any
additional CDs that you'd like to install.  Put in the docs CD and click
on the "Install" button.  An InstallShield-like dialog will appear and
asks you which manuals you'd like to install.  That should get your docs
installed without any command line business.

Cheers,
   Brent