[TriLUG] printer suggestion?

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Mon May 26 22:39:43 EDT 2003

Sorry for the 2nd post. Hit send to quick.

HP has a 2 new lasers out: HP LJ 1100 that's USB only, and the HP LJ 1200 that's both USB and parallel. If you want to share it off your server, these work great.

HTH

On Fri, 23 May 2003 09:51:25 -0400
Maria Winslow <maria.winslow at windows-linux.com> wrote:

> The color printers sometimes don't do as good a job with black and grayscale -
> how about this one? And it's nice if you can do without a print server box.
>
> Maria
>
> On Friday 23 May 2003 09:26 am, Tarus Balog wrote:
> > Maria Winslow said:
> > > Thanks a lot - this is the information I needed. I agree that HP
> > > printers are  best, but the model I had isn't made anymore.
> >
> > I faced the same problem a few weeks ago, and decided on an HP Deskjet
> > 6127. For about $225 you get a color Inkjet printer with built-in Ethernet
> > that is pretty fast to boot. Since I run Linux, OSX, Windows and Solaris
> > in the office, I wanted a printer that would be easy to use with all of
> > them. So far I haven't been disappointed.
> >
> > -T
>
> --
> Maria Winslow
> 919.968.7802
>
> Open Source Migrations
> www.windows-linux.com
>
> Open Source Migrations conducts feasibility/ROI studies, performs open source
> deployments, data and application conversions, and supports open source
> alternatives for mid-size organizations.

> TriLUG Organizational FAQ:

Roy Vestal
rvestal at trilug.org
http://www.trilug.org/~rvestal

The box said "Install Windows 2000 or better", so I installed LINUX!