[TriLUG] rh-9.0 docs cd

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Tue May 27 09:40:00 EDT 2003

so, if you do the everything flavor of installation, pinfo is available?  thanks for the tip.  is there an icon that you click on to make it execute, or do you have to create a link thingie?

i got the box loaded up last night yet had some errors while backing up files from a winders box via samba.  apparently, there are some file name issues that need to be resolved.

you know how robocopy works in winders?  is there a linux flavor?  i'd like to script the backup of data if possible.  it would be nice to do some kinda grep thingie to verify which files were copied and which files have problems with spaces in the file names or whatever.

i'm not sure about the proper syntax yet would like to do something along the lines of the following:

cp smb://winders/share ..

however, that command does not like me at all.