[TriLUG] DNS + Linux +Windows

Chris Knowles chrisk at trilug.org
Tue May 27 16:33:32 EDT 2003

And, if you are in the graphical world or RH, you can even do it all
graphically.

Goto Hat->System Settings->Network

Edit the interface in question (probably eth0)

Under the DHCP settings there is a edit box for hostname.

This actually does the same thing (in the end) that Hedemark and Portzer
are opinting you too, but Linux is the land of the many paths to
nerdvana.

CJK

--
Chris Knowles <chrisk at trilug.org>