[TriLUG] Novell torpedo's SCO with shocker: *we* own unix - not you!

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Wed May 28 11:31:11 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 11:20, Jeff Bollinger wrote:

> Excellent!! Let's hope this works out for the best.  By the way, I was
> curious, does anyone on this list have an inkling as to exactly what
> portions of code were, <ahem> "stolen"?

I think that's one of the issues that makes people so mad about this --
SCO won't say what portions are in dispute.  Which makes people suspect
even more that the whole purpose of SCO's actions is FUD -- just like
Novell's Messman says in the press release at
http://www.novell.com/news/press/archive/2003/05/pr03033.html

> This story is intriguing.  I'd
> also be curious to know what any RedHat folks on the list think about
> this.  What are the potential ramifications if SCO gets their way?

This appears to be the publicly announced Red Hat view of the situation:
http://www.redhat.com/advice/speaks_rhletter.html
(Thanks John Beimler for that link on IRC.)

--Jeremy

--
| Jeremy Portzer       jeremyp at pobox.com       trilug.org/~jeremy     |