[TriLUG] Installing Knoppix on hard drive revisited!!

al johson alfjon at mindspring.com
Thu May 29 01:40:17 EDT 2003

Now if I can just have some instructions regarding what to do about
preparing an old hard disk I just happen to have around, I would have some
confidence in trying this method myself. I'm also not certain whether or not
the Knoppix version which Trilug handed out at Rarsfest has the needed
script file on it or not? I still feel like I don't know enough about all
forms of Linux to be comfortable about doing something like this.
   Changing the subject to another alleged easy way to install Debian,
Libranet. I've discovered that you can purchase a copy for about $70.00 or
download an older version for free. The first review of Libranet led me to
believe that its installer was graphical, alas it isn't. It is text based
but if you believe the reviewers it does detect the hardware automatically
and the installation is fairly easy to do. (Sounds like a good topic for a
Trilug meeting to me: How to do an easy installation of Debian!!).
Hope you are doing well. When are we going to have another meeting at the
Mongolian restaurant in Cary??---Al Johnson.