[TriLUG] Installing Knoppix on hard drive revisited!!

al johson alfjon at mindspring.com
Thu May 29 02:04:28 EDT 2003

Well, Bill, I thought I was clear about where I found the instructions--The
Knoppix website. All the terms in these instructions were the same as those
online. I have no idea why he referred to Knoppix on the hard drive as
"Gnu/Linux". No, I haven't tried to do a hard drive installation yet,
basically because I get nervous whenever I play around in the Terminal which
these instructions assume you can use. I found these so-called "simple
instructions" on how to do it, and thought that I'd pass them on for others
to try out, before I wiped out another hard drive. I have four hard drives,
two of which I can use for experiments such as this.
Actually, I would prefer someone else try them first, and report on how well
they work. It would also be esp. helpful to give more detail in dealing with
the "dual-booting" problem with Windows. Yep, when it comes to doing
something I'm not comfortable doing, I'm basically a coward.  :-))   ---Al
Johnson.