[TriLUG] Ogg vs. mp3

Daniel Monjar daniel.monjar at na.biomerieux.com
Thu May 29 11:26:57 EDT 2003

--On Thursday, May 29, 2003 11:18 AM -0400 Chris Knowles
<chrisk at trilug.org> wrote:

> That being said, I use Ogg, and I am only upset that I have to convert
> to mp3 if I want to use any of those dedicated music file playing
> devices out there.  When's the first HW Ogg player going to come out?

That was sort of why I was asking... I am currently ripping some CDs to
play on my Dell Axim.  The default for grip is Ogg encoding so I went out
and found WinAMP for Pocket PC.  So, while it is not dedicated, I'll have
Ogg playback on my Axim with very little trouble.

Now if I could find a good way to sync the Pocket PC to Linux... sigh.

--
Daniel Monjar
Manager, Technical Services