[TriLUG] Ogg vs. mp3

Michael Alan Dorman mdorman at debian.org
Thu May 29 13:44:37 EDT 2003

Chris Knowles <chrisk at trilug.org> writes:
> That being said, I use Ogg, and I am only upset that I have to convert
> to mp3 if I want to use any of those dedicated music file playing
> devices out there.  When's the first HW Ogg player going to come out?

The Neuros (www.neurosaudio.com/) is already out and is supposed to
aquire .ogg support very soon.

I am going to wait until the support is in place before buying---don't
take a job on the salaray they say they'll pay you next year, don't
buy hardware on the formats they say they'll support eventually---but
the moment they've got it, I'm getting one.

Mike
--
I don't need no makeup, I've got real scars -- Tom Waits