[TriLUG] Converting an NT Server to Linux

Jeffery Painter painter at kiasoft.com
Fri May 30 10:51:21 EDT 2003

Do you need to preserve user/file permissions? This would seem to be the
more difficult task in migration...

may be easier to install on a seperate machine if that is a viable option
to complete this process and not screw anything up...

if it is a large number of users, the product DAS LSP can automatically
assist in the transfer of users, passwords and files from NT 4 to red hat
linux. might be a small price to pay ($90) to save hours of recreating
user accounts... I've never used this product but the review on zdnet
looks interesting, although it looks a little old... someone may have
written a free utility to accomplish the same.

http://techupdate.zdnet.com/techupdate/stories/main/0,14179,2809945,00.html

http://www.das.com.tw/

good luck!

Jeff Painter