[TriLUG] Converting an NT Server to Linux

Michael Thompson thompson at easternrad.com
Fri May 30 10:59:57 EDT 2003

You could boot with something like Knoppix and use tar to back your data
up to tape.  Then restore the tape(s) after your Linux install.  This
way your backup would originate in Linux and would probably be easier to
restore...

BTW:  Does Knoppix have read-only NTFS support compiled into the kernel?

Just a thought...

--mike