[TriLUG] good, cheap, ether cards?

Scott G. Hall ScottGHall at BellSouth.Net
Sun Jun 1 20:39:36 EDT 2003

On Fri, 30 May 2003 17:10:43  Greg Brown <gregbrown at mindspring.com> wrote:

> Hey all.  I'm going to be building a firewall this weekend and I will
> need to purchase two ethernet cards, probably from CompUSA or another
> local to raleigh/cary computer store.  What is a good, inexpensive
> ethernet card supported by Linux that can be purchased locally?

You might want to check out Computer Options on Capital next door to
Harbour Freight Tools.  They have a whole bin of used ethernet cards (PCI
& ISA) they're selling cheap.  They have all kinds of used and surplus
computer parts, including older CPU's.  I have been able to fixup a
couple of systems I got from the hamfest with parts from there.

--
Scott G. Hall,
Raleigh, NC, USA