[TriLUG] need squid help

Greg Brown gregbrown at mindspring.com
Sun Jun 1 23:02:46 EDT 2003

> What version of Squid are you running?

squid-2.4.STABLE6-6.7.1

> acl allowd_hosts src 192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0
>
> <...snip...>
>
> http_access allow allowed_hosts
>

> You might need the 192.168.0.0 to be 127.0.0.0
> Hope that helps.

I tried this, then did a service squid restart but got the following
error when I tried to use the tunnel:

channel 2: open failed: connect failed: Connection refused
channel 2: open failed: connect failed: Connection refused
channel 2: open failed: connect failed: Connection refused
channel 2: open failed: connect failed: Connection refused

(I changed 192.168.0.0 to 127.0.0.0 and still got the same error)

(this error appeared as if sent to STDOUT in the window where I started
my tunnel)  I got a "document contains no data" in my web browser
window.

I would like to allow access to the proxy server for anyone who is able
to ssh into my firewall (i.e. anyone with a shell account who properly
sets up the tunnel).

Any further ideas?

Thanks!

Greg