[TriLUG] NVidia question

Jeff Jackowski jeffj1 at hiwaay.net
Sun Jun 1 23:10:50 EDT 2003

On 1 Jun 2003, Roy Vestal wrote:

>I have an Jaton NVidia GeForce2 MX-200 32MB card installed on an RHL 9.
>It's a 4x AGP card running in a 2x slot. When I run the NVidia driver, X
>sometimes gives a "hardware freeze". I put that in quotes, since the
>mouse still responds but no keyboard including the NumLock. I have to
>power off or reset in order to restart. Without the driver X works fine.
>I'm running Gnome on this box.

Have you tried Ctrl-Del-Backspace? I think that is the key combination
that is supposed to kill X. I have on one occasion had to kill X remotely
because that combination did not work. The result was that the text
consoles never displayed until after rebooting, but they still responded
and I could still get X running again.

Hopefully you'll get more help soon since none of what I wrote solves the
problem.

--
Jeff Jackowski
        http://ro.com/~jeffj/